The Canon 5D Mark IV DSLR - differentiates itself from its predecessors with a 30.4MP image sensor, 4K video recording, ISO 32000 (expandable to 102400), and improved features autofocus, image recording and processing and of course built-in GPS and Wi-Fi!
- New 30.4MP CMOS sensor captures images with high levels of detail and low noise even in bright or dark areas of the frame. Each of the camera's 30.4 million pixels consists of two photodiodes, which can be used together or separately. This allows you to create Dual Pixel RAW (DPRAW) files. This format contains two images taken from two very slightly different angles. This, in turn, will help to micro-adjust the position of the zone of maximum sharpness during post-processing (when using Digital Photo Professional software)
- The level of digital noise in the Canon 5D Mark IV has been significantly reduced, as well as improved camera performance throughout the ISO range. At the same time, the maximum ISO value is increased to ISO 32000 (expandable to ISO 102400). This greatly enhances the ability of the Canon 5D Mark IV to shoot in low light conditions.
- Built-in Lens Aberration Correction and Digital Lens Optimizer enhance the performance of lenses used on the Canon 5D Mark IV by compensating for diffraction, chromatic aberration, and optical low-pass filter effects. And pre-set white balance modes such as Ambient Light Priority for warm tones in artificial light or White Priority for neutral images give you more options for working with light and color.
The camera's advanced AF system includes 61 points (of which 21 are cross-type), and the AF sensor can focus effectively even in light levels up to EV -32. When using Live View with Dual Pixel CMOS AF, this can be improved to EV -43. The Canon 5D Mark IV is equipped with a dedicated infrared sensing meter with 150,000 pixels of resolution for high-accuracy metering. It also works in conjunction with the camera's autofocus system to detect and track colored objects and perform face detection. And the EOS iTR AF system greatly improves subject tracking performance.
- The Canon 5D Mark IV is able to detect the flickering frequency of the light source and synchronize the shooting time with the moments of peak brightness of the flickering light source, which can reduce the effect of flicker (works with flicker frequencies of 100 Hz and 120 Hz). Continuous shooting on the camera is possible at 7 fps (up to 21 RAW images or unlimited JPEG images). In Live View mode, continuous shooting at 4.3 fps is possible. with tracking autofocus.
- The video recording capabilities of the Canon 5D Mark IV have been greatly enhanced compared to its predecessors. Video recording is carried out in 4K format (the minimum recording speed of CF memory cards should be 100Mb / s), as well as full HD and below. In full HD mode, slow motion is possible at 61 fps, and in HD mode up to 120 fps.
In addition, the camera is equipped with Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which guarantees smooth and accurate focus transitions when shooting at any resolution. And HDR is now also available when shooting video, by alternating normal and underexposed frames, you can muffle too bright parts of the scene or preserve more details in the highlights.
- The Canon 5D Mark IV also includes the ability to shoot in high definition – Up to 3600 frames for full HD video up to 2 minutes. Microphone and headphone jacks let you record audio for videos and control audio levels.
- The HDMI connector is designed to output uncompressed full HD audio and video to external recorders and monitors.
- With built-in Wi-Fi and NFC technology, you can connect your Canon 5D Mark IV to your smartphone, tablet or laptop, or directly to your favorite cloud-based image sharing applications. Support for FTP/FTPS protocols provides additional protection. The camera supports remote control using a mobile device that has the Canon Camera Connect app (iOS or Android) installed!
- The built-in GPS module records the location coordinates of each image and ensures the accuracy of the Canon 5D Mark IV's built-in clock. This feature has become much more energy efficient, so now even when it is turned on, the battery will not drain as quickly as before. GPS data helps you organize your images and save location coordinates.